Sunday, November 29, 2009

Now It Looks Like Christmas





Because this is the first year my home and I are celebrating Christmas together, and more importantly, most of my family is travelling here to spend the holidays together, I decided to really decorate. I haven't done this for a few too many years now.

During the last two weeks I have spent countless hours unpacking ornaments and decorations, making bows, arranging and rearranging, trying to decide where to place what, and now I'm finished. I am so happy with the way everything fit in a new place.

I had fun pulling it all together, but the most fun was decorating the tree with my 5 year old grandson. He loved looking at the ornaments and deciding on the perfect spot to place them on the tree. I think we put about 150 ornament on the tree, and 100 of them are on the bottom three feet. In the beginning as he was placing the ornaments, I thought I will just rearrange them a bit when he goes home. When we finished, I knew I wouldn't touch a single ornament. Although it looks nothing like a tree I would normally decorate, it's my favorite tree ever. Everytime I look at it, I think about his excitement in decorating it. Makes me smile and feel are warm and fuzzy.

So here you go, here's a peek inside my Christmas Home.





18 comments:

  1. It's just beautiful. Breathtaking. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heart warming! This makes me want to drink hot chocolate and sing Christmas songs! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am coming to your house. It is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful and welcoming! May I ask, where did you get that lovely lady on the mantle?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmas home is absolutely stunning! I really like the predominance of one color on the table. It is so visually uncluttered that way.

    Classic and stunning looking. I am glad you shared it with us. The mantle is beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I was looking at a magazine! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I found your blog through Tracey's tour post. What cute Christmas decorations your have. I especially like the little glass dishes with the red candles and is that white sand in the bottom? Very cute! Welcome to the blog community...I will be sure to visit you often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love all the red-my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a welcoming home you have made for yourself. Thanks for sharing.

    karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful -- all the red decorations are so striking and so Christmasy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your decorations look great. I'm loving all the red!

    Merry Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks beautiful! Love your reds

    Blessings
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I appreciate all your hard work. Your place looks FAB! Everything looks so fun and festive!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful! I love the story of you and your grandson decorating together :)

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks to all of you lovely ladies for your wonderful comments. My Christmas House is making me happy!

    (and the "snow" in the candles is Kosher Salt)

    ReplyDelete