Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I'm Here - Just Thinking

Thinking about time speeding on, the year is more than half over. I am remembering New Year's Eve. I thought it was last week but it was almost seven months ago. Where has the time gone? With each new year, we get the chance to have a fresh start or so we think. We have hopes and good wishes for the the year that's about to begin. Here is what I wrote on that cold, snowy eve of a new year. These were my words to live by.

Live, Enjoy, Grow, Shine, Adventure, Journey, Wonder, Experience, Play. These are my words to live by this year. Bring it on 2010, I have my game hat on, I’m ready.

I'm happy to say that to date, I have tried to live by these words. Of course not everyday is an adventure or filled with happiness, but overall, I have to say that 2010 is turning out to be a good year. I think in part it is because I have put some effort into trying to enjoy the everyday events that fill our lives. Do I still have stress, do I still worry, do I still get hurt feelings, do I still wish there was a little more? Of course, but I do try to remember in those not so good moments how much I have to be thankful for, how lucky I am, and how I try not to take the ordinary things for granted. So as this year hurries along at the rapid pace it has taken on, I still have my game hat on, I'm still ready for whatever adventures come along, still ready to live, and wonder and experience, and mostly to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment